Sunday, November 13, 2005

Incredible

The resources of the University of Michigan are, in a word, unbelievable. In doing some research for a professor in planning, I came across the ICSPR, the Inter-University Consortium for Social and Political Research. I had a foggy idea that it existed -- books by Olivier Zunz on Detroit and Sam Bass Warner on Philadelphia noted in their acknowledgements that the statistical data they created and relied upon was stored at UofM within the Institute for Social Research. Warner's, in fact, said that the data was on punch cards.

Anyway, I just came across it (along with some stuff from Wayne State's Center for Urban Studies) and all I can say is "wow." I love the study of history.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

So THAT's what's in the Perry Building.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home