Monday, April 17, 2006

Long Shot


I just sent in a cover letter and resume to the Art Institute of Chicago. It doesn't make a lick of sense, seeing as how I'm a year away from candidacy, but I was trawling around the Web to see what sort of stuff opens up in Chicago (I also hit USAJOBS.com from time to time) and boom, I see they're looking for an associate curator of architecture. Hmm...twentieth century architecture? I study twentieth century architecture. Interest in contemporary design issues? I'm interested in contemporary design issues. Ability to raise funds and preserve and acquire pieces for the collection? I can preserve, acquire, and raise funds with the best of them! New Renzo Piano building housing their modern design collection? I can dig it.

There's not a chance in hell I'd get this job (but maybe an interview), I've got a ton of commitments here, still, and I'm way behind on several other semester's end projects, but it was too good an opportunity not to spend the last two hours revising my CV and writing a cover letter. Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home